Basmati rice-1 1/2 cup
onion-2(cut it as long )
tomato-3Cut it as small)
bayleaf,cinamon stick,cloves and elachi all 1pc
jeera and sombu-1sp
- First grind the tomato, green chilli,ginger garlic paste and keep aside
- Wash the rice nicely with water and remove the water.
- First keep the vessel which will be sufficient for preparing the measured rice. Put oil in it and add jeera, sombu,bayleaf,clove,cinamon stick,elachi.After it got fried put onion and little pinch of salt,so that onion will get fried soon.
- After the onion become brown colour , put the tomato paste which is grinded earlier.
- Fry it till the raw smell goes from the tomato. Now add mint leaf with it and add salt to your taste.
- It will be in thick gravy consistency.
- Put the washed rice in the masala and nicely saute it so that the gravy spreads all over the rice.
- Meantime keep 4 cups of water to boil,after rice mixed with the masala pour the boiled water
- When you see the water starts boiling nicely with bubbles, keep the flame in low heat and close it.
- After 5mins open and see it. If the water remain again leave it for 2 more mins.
- If water is not there and the rice is also well cooked, Your tomato rice is ready