Basmati rice- 1 1/2 cup
Green chilli-5 to 6
cup vegetables-carrot,beans, mutter
puthina - 1 hand full
- First check the rice if there is any stone or dust in it remove it. put oil in the kadai and fry the rice nicely in the little ghee. till the rice change it color or till u see the rice is becoing crispy.keep aside
- put the vessel and pour ghee in it.put jeera , sombu, bayleaf, clove,cinnamon,elachi and onion cutted longly. Add one pinch salt to make the fry process faster,
- After onion become brown add green chilli and ginger garlic paste,mint leaf and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add vegetables and saute it nicely and add the salt.Add the coconut milk and saute it nicely.
- Add the rice and put the 2cups water.
- Since it is biriyani, if the rice is over boiled and sticky the biriyani taste will not be good.
- After 5 mins if you see it.. If u see the rice is boiled u can remove from the flame and biriyani is ready.
- If you see the rice is not boiled. It is in correct way.Dum the biriyani now. Take the vessel from the stove .Cut lemon into half and peel half lemon juice on the biriyani.keep the nonstick dosa pan on the stove in the other side keep water to boil, After the pan got preheated and water got heated. Keep the biriyani vessel on the dosa pan and close it with the plate tightly so that the steams should not come out, keep the boiled water vessel on the plate, keep the flame in the low level, After 2 mins if you open the biriyani, it will be boiled at the correct form.
- Serve it hot with raita. or kuruma
- After two